Made With Love.

Valentine’s Day means either nothing or everything to an individual person. You’re either a skeptic or a romantic. More and more the world is being peopled by skeptics. People who don’t believe in anything they can’t see or touch and make fun of those who dare to.

I was once one of them before I met Lee. I’m not going to tell you that rainbows and butterflies follow us, but we are ridiculously happy. The kind of happy that gives you cavities and your face hurts from smiling too much. He’s my match, my better half, my sweetheart.

A note in a lunch bag. A heart shaped box of chocolates. A bouquet of roses. A romantic dinner on a rooftop. A picnic in the sun. A long distance phone call. A marriage in secret. A well composed email. Whatever love means to you it deserves celebration.

I thought I’d give you all a simple yet sweet recipe for your own sweetheart. Just ganache, raspberries and hazelnuts. These Chocolate Razelnut Truffles are decadent, rich and best enjoyed when made with love.

Chocolate Razelnut Truffles

Makes about 12 truffles

Source: My imagination

8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp unsalted butter
12 raspberries
1 cup hazelnuts, blanched, toasted and chopped

Put the chopped chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. In a small sauce pan bring the whipping cream and butter up to a boil on medium heat. Once it’s just started boiling pour it over the chocolate and cover it for 5 minutes. Uncover it and whisk it until it’s smooth. Refrigerate the ganache for about 1 or 2 hours to harden it enough to keep it’s shape.

Scoop about a tbsp of semi-hardened ganache and form it around a raspberry for each truffle. Refrigerate the newly formed truffles for another 10 – 20 minutes to make it sturdy enough to roll again.

Spread out the chopped hazelnuts in a shallow dish and roll the truffles in it to coat them. Gently pat the nuts into the chocolate. Enjoy!

53 thoughts on “Made With Love.

1. Allyson

These look amazing! I am going to try them for my Valentine’s Dinner. Married 16+ years and we are in the camp of the romantics!

2. Angela@RecipesFromMyMom

My, oh my, these stopped me in my web-surfing tracks! My hubby, of 24 years, isn’t as much of a chocoholic as I am but I bet he will eat his share when I make these. I know my daughter will love ‘em.

3. Felice - All That's Left Are The Crumbs

I love that your imagination came up with these – you have a great imagination! I have been married almost 22 years and we have learned that it is best to celebrate Valentine’s Day at home with a great meal, especially is there are Chocolate Razelnut Truffles. Going out usually means a set menu of foods you don’t want to eat, served by people who would rather be at home with their sweethearts, that is just plain expensive. We go out the weekend after Valentine’s Day and it is still just as romantic.

4. Chef Dennis

hi Lindsey

It’s so nice to hear how happy you two are! I hope you have many many more wonderful valentines days, your truffles would make any day a special occasion! But who doesn’t love chocolate!

Dennis

5. Belinda @zomppa

Your imagination is wonderful. Just absolutely delicious and sweet and makes even the biggest skeptic weep!

6. Jill Colonna

Lyndsey,

Gosh, these are absolutely gorgeous photos and they look incredible. Oh, here’s to romance and your truffles!

7. Jen

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I’ve been trying to figure out how to make some raspberry truffles but every attempt I’ve made is a FAIL. These look so awesome!

8. Kulsum@JourneyKitchen

not a valentine’s day person but after reading this post things might change and who doesn’t want an excuse to make such things?! Gorgeous!

9. Danielle@Runs With Spatulas

These sound so delicious! Actually, my first thought was I really just wanted to eat all those delicious looking raspberries in the bowl! Lovin’ the pics!

10. The Farmers Wife

Oh my goodness!!!! These look so amazing! I will have to try to make these for my Husband, as he loves anything chocolate and raspberry! These may grace the table of his birthday dinner this year! Thanks!

11. Amy at TheSceneFromMe

Dang girl, this is my first time here and I can’t stop checking out all your gorgeous photos. You sure do have skills!!!!

The fresh rasberry inside this truffle is a genious idea, I mean REALLY!

They look so pretty and delicious!

12. Lindsey at Burn Me Not

These look awesome! Such a decadent treat for that special someone. And your photos are exceptional, very nicely done!

13. Sonia@7spice

So romantic and beautiful truffles! So easy to make. Thanks for sharing, my beloved will love it he is choc lover! Lovely photographs.

14. The Cilantropist

Wow Lindsey your photos are really really amazing in this post, just STUNNING! I esp love the close up of the raspberries at the top, but of course the chocolate is the part that has me drooling. Yes, I want.

15. hailey

those look absolutely wonderful! I think I will make them for this wonderful Valentine’s season Thank you for the amazing ideas!

And I hope you have an amazing day with your “+1″

Hi Sara! Yes frozen raspberries will work just fine and, in fact, they might be easier to work with than delicate fresh raspberries provided they’re still frozen. Have fun!