I have something super special for you today! I’ve recently been gushing about the anticipated arrival of my lovely antique silver spoon ring on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. I am happy to say that it arrived today from Dan at Dank Artistry in Ames, Iowa. It came a long way to fit perfectly and prettily on my thumb.
Dan is a talented artist that turns his immense silverware collection into beautiful pieces of jewelry including bracelets, earrings, necklaces and, of course, rings. He carries countless designs from all over the world and some centuries old! Each piece has a story to tell and would turn more than a few heads at your next cocktail party.
I decided I would share my experience with you all and, when I asked, Dan was thrilled to offer one of his most popular rings for a generous giveaway! I thought since antique spoons are so trendy in food photography right now it seemed only fitting to wear one on my finger and why not yours too!
The ring for this giveaway is a breathtaking Orange Blossom pattern from 1910. The design is incredibly detailed with gorgeous orange blossoms that wrap all the way around the ring. What’s even better is Dan has been kind enough to size the ring to fit your finger perfectly! Orange blossom is one of my favourite scents and reminds me of vacationing in Florida with my family as a teenager.
Perhaps you’re a spoon collector, jewelry connoisseur, avid gardener, or a fan of the delicious fruit. Whatever the reason, this ring is for you! Perfect for attending parties, going antiquing or a lifetime!
How to Enter:
1. Leave a comment here telling me about your favourite piece of jewelry in your jewelry box. Maybe an antique brooch, fishing lure earrings or a treasured friendship bracelet. I’d love to know!
2. Follow me on Twitter, tweet the contest (Visit @Hot_Polka_Dot to enter to win a beautiful handmade antique silver spoon ring! Sure to turn more than a few heads! http://bit.ly/qFobFG) and leave another comment here telling me you’ve done so.
3. Like me on Facebook and leave even another comment here telling me you’ve done so.
4. Become my friend on Foodbuzz and leave yet another comment here telling me you’ve done so.
– If you’re already following me on Twitter, liking me on Facebook, or my friend on Foodbuzz that’s ok! You’re entries still count!
– Only a maximum of four entries per person will be permitted in the ways I’ve designated above.
– Anyone in the world is welcome to enter.
– Upon winning please email me at hotpolkadot (at) live (dot) com to claim your prize, tell me your ring size and give me your mailing address to receive the ring.
– All emails and addresses will be kept confidential.
The contest will be open through the weekend and be closed on Wednesday August 10th at 9pm MST. I will close the comments at this time so make sure to get your entries in soon! The winner will be chosen at random and announced Thursday morning. Make sure to get in as many extra entries you can for a better chance to win!
The giveaway is now closed. Thank you to everyone who entered! To see who won look here.