Jumping The Gun.

It’s time for Bermuda shorts and flip flops, campfires and s’mores, picnics and late night sunsets. Sunglasses that are both ridiculously huge and fabulous. Freshly mowed grass and the adorable buzz of bumblebees. Tan lines and the feel of warm sand between your toes.

It might seem like I’m jumping the gun a bit here. It wasn’t a week ago we had bits of stubborn snow clinging to the ground. Canadian Summers are short so we have to make the most of it. We had our first campfire over Easter weekend while there was still a chill in the air and snow on the ground.

In the spirit of the beautiful weather I hope we can hang onto for as long as possible I made S’mores Cookies. For those of us with long or short Summers, now we can enjoy a little piece of it all year long.

S’mores Cookies

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Source: Adapted from my family recipe.

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup demerara sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup graham crackers, chopped
1/2 cup mini marshmallows

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and position a rack in the center. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugars. Add the vanilla and eggs then blend it in.

In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt then mix it into the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped graham crackers.

Drop heaping tbsps of dough onto the prepared baking sheets then press them down lightly with your fingers. Bake them for 8 minutes then take them out and set the oven to broil. Press 2 – 3 mini marshmallows into each cookie then toast the marshmallows for a brief 1 minute under the broiler. Transfer them to a cooling rack and enjoy!

31 thoughts on “Jumping The Gun.

1. torviewtoronto

Lindsey these looks beautiful can’t wait any longer for some good weather

very true it is taking a long time hope it gets better soon

If I make thousands of these wonderful cookies, will my summer last forever? I’ll try

3. The Harried Cook

WOW! S’mores cookies! Now you’ve gone and done it! I have to have one of these… I am bookmarking this for sure…

4. Liren

LOL, I like Sara’s idea. I went camping with my daughter and her Brownie troop and it whetted my appetite for S’mores. Maybe I’ll make these cookies for our end of the year meeting

5. Sandra's Easy Cooking

I totally missed this one..beautiful as always, and very delicious!! Congrats on top9!!!:)

6. Patricia Scarpin

These are perfect! So pretty – and I love the idea of marshmallows in a cookie – yum!

Beautiful photos!

7. Isabelle

I got a bit of a sunburn on my nose last weekend, from spending five hours in the garden weeding my flowerbeds and preparing my vegetable boxes. If that doesn’t say “summer is almost here”, I don’t know what does.

PS – It’s never too early in the season for smores. Never.

I was outside for 15 minutes the other day and nearly got a sunburn. I must be living under a hole in the ozone or something!

8. Terris@Freeeatsfood

Wow, these are so beautiful and fun! I used to love Smores granola bars when I was a kid, but wouldn’t have thought to make Smores cookies. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the Top 9!!

9. paddleattachment

These are most definitely summer in a dollop! It’s too cold for spring in my neck of the woods. Your description and pictures brought me right to the highs of summer. Thank you!

10. Patty H.

These look awesome! I can usually only eat one smore, but I bet I’d be able to eat more than one of these!

11. kita

Jumping the gun? Lol, Ive been itching for campfires for weeks now! (Actually, Im still clinging to a hoodie that I wore at our last one because it still smells like campfire). These cookies certainly would light a fire if I wasn’t already itching for sunshine. They look adorable.

12. Erin

These cookies look delicious! Your pictures are beautiful, love the roasted marshmallows in the pics!

13. Nicole

What a great idea! I indulged in my first s’mores of the year last weekend, but these look even better.